49th Critical Care Congress
February 16-19, 2020
Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, Florida, USA
Make your contribution to the advancement of critical care by submitting your original investigative research and case reports for the 49th Critical Care Congress. If accepted, your work will be considered for presentation at Congress. Abstracts will be published in Critical Care Medicine, the #1 critical care subspecialty journal. Individuals whose abstracts are accepted are also eligible for peer evaluation and awards. First authors who are SCCM members and non-full physicians at the time of abstract submission may be eligible for complimentary Congress registration.
- Abstracts, case reports, and/or data previously presented or published nationally or internationally are not allowed.
- Abstracts and case reports presented at an SCCM chapter meeting are allowed.
- Abstracts and case reports may contain new research on a topic presented previously.
- Submission of an abstract or case report constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present the abstract or case report as accepted.
- Stimulating and unique abstracts or case reports will be considered for the 2020 Congress program.
- Abstracts and case reports will be scored on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Adequate sample size and proper statistical analysis
- Adherence to instructions
- Originality of work
Alterations and Withdrawals
Accepted abstracts and case reports will be published as submitted in the January supplement to the journal Critical Care Medicine. SCCM does not edit or proof abstracts or case reports. By saving each step you complete in the submission process, you can log off and return to continue your work at another time. Until you formally submit the abstract or case report (by selecting the “Yes, I’m ready to submit” link), you can edit and revise it online as much as you wish. Once it is formally submitted, corrections cannot be made. If changes to a submission are needed, you must withdraw it and create a new, revised submission. No edits or corrections can be made once the supplemental journal is published.
Submissions may be withdrawn until 12:00 noon Central Time on October 25, 2019. All withdrawals must be submitted via Forms.
The contact author will be notified in October 2019 via email of the submission’s acceptance or rejection. Please ensure that the contact author’s email address is included with the submission. All notifications and correspondence will be directed to the contact author indicated in the submission. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to confirm that all author email addresses are current at the time of submission to ensure that any notifications sent from SCCM are received. All decisions made by the Congress Program Committee are final.
Complimentary Congress Registration
Complimentary registration will be offered only to the first author who is an SCCM member and a sponsored fellow or healthcare professional (dietician, nurse, pharmacist, or respiratory therapist). Post-training attending physicians and authors submitting case reports are ineligible. If you are not currently a member and would like to become eligible for complimentary registration, join SCCM online, using your Customer ID and password, no later than August 1, 2019. Decisions will be communicated by October 2019.
- Nonmembers are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable submission fee per abstract or case report submission.
- Expenses associated with abstract or case report preparation, submission, and presentation are the responsibility of the presenter(s)/author(s).
- Authors of accepted abstracts and case reports are expected to register for Congress and pay the registration fee, unless they apply for, and qualify for, complimentary registration.
- August 1, 2019, 12:00 noon Central Time: General submission deadline.
- October 2019: Notification of submission acceptance sent electronically to contact author.
- October 25, 2019, 12:00 noon Central Time: Deadline to withdraw submissions. Notification to withdraw submissions must be received via Forms.
- February 16-19, 2020: Critical Care Congress, Orlando, Florida, USA.